Sunday, January 01, 2017

Blog Statistics Record High: Singapore 60's Music Stories Appeal To International Readers

UPDATED TODAY: 7 September 2017
VIEWERSHIP: 1,432,419

Writers who contributed to this blog

Allan Thompson, John Cher, Michael Bangar, Henri Gann,
Crystal Abidin, Joey Koh, Fabian Foo, Steve Farram, Horace Wee.

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination
Makes it worth the while...
(Abba)

The number of supporters for this blog is staggering.
Readers and technical know-how from social networking services include:

Blogspot
You Tube
Google+ 
Twitter 
WhatsApp 
emails
John Cher's Facebook 
Larry Lai's WhatsApp

Because of these connections, this blog has blossomed by 20,000 viewers, from a mere 36,000 monthly reads in October to 56,000 by December. Big for a small niche like Singapore pops and its influence.

This year the writings, You Tube videos and local 60's music information from:

Allan Thompson (UK)
John Cher
Michael Bangar 
Henri Gann Trekkers (US)
Horace Wee
Steve Farram (Aus)

CYLin
Laurence Lim
Su Go (Aus)
Joey Koh
Crystal Abidin (Aus)
Fabian Foo 

Audie Ng
Mike n Herb (Aus)
Happy Tay (Can)

and others 

were contributing factors to the success of this blog. Names are not in any order and two ladies wish to remain anonymous. Let me know if I left your name out 😔.
                Larry Lai, Audie Ng, CYLin, Su Go, Happy Tay, Laurence Lim
                                              Mike and Herb

Of course when the big guns came in to support both directly and indirectly, the blog had a blast. 

Stephen Fry
Scott Page
Russell Hitchcock
Rick Astley
Rex Goh

and local stars like: 

Dick Lee
Jack Neo
Moses Lim
Chua En Lai

and Silver Strings' Singapore TV appearances helped much to boost the ratings.

Comments from regulars too played a great part towards increasing readership. A whole lot of you guys, thank you.

Less texting? Yes but more blog reading, especially this blog. I dare say, no other active Singapore 60's music stories than what you can find from here.
Short of boasting 😮...

You can see the wonders of a fairy tale
You can see the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see...


Thanks to local and international readers, contributors, friends and fellow countrymen. You made my dream.

Happy New Year 2017.
Songwriters: ANDERSSON, BENNY GORAN BROR / ULVAEUS, BJOERN K.

'I Have A Dream': lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group



STATISTICS BELOW CAPTURED ON 2nd JANUARY 2017

Readers today:
1,158,364

31st December, 2016
57,000+ readers today.

24th December, 2016
54,000+ readers today.

TWITTER


Abba: I Have a Dream




GOOGLE +



Images: A Personal Collection and Google.

22 comments:

henri gann said...

Congratulations Andy !

Here are a couple of interesting quotes

" I would rather die of passion than of boredom" - Vincent Van Gogh

"...the ones who think they are crazy
enough to change the world, are the ones who do " - Steve Job




JOHN CHER (WRITER/ PERCUSSIONIST) said...

Thank you Andy. Glad to have contributed something towards your blog. Let's hope 2017 would see even more increase in readership.
Congrats.

IRENE HOE (JOURNALIST) said...

Hey Andy,

Keep 'em coming. I may not read every message immediately but
they all do get attended to.

Have a great 2017!

Joey said...

Wishing you another awesome year ahead in 2017 and many thanks for sharing your great works and most importantly, your life in music :)

Best wishes always

Joey Koh


Ps - it's my great honor to meet you in Winnipeg (80s) and a privilege to be in touch as my advisor ! Thank you Sir.

LAM CHUN SEE said...

Hi Andy,

For my book I got 50% funding from the NHB. Have you approached them? I believe they should still have something similar. If not then the NLB. But as I warned you before; it still involves many many hours of work. Not just simply compile your blog articles into a book.

All the best.

author of: GOOD MORNING YESTERDAY

anonymous said...

Take my hat off to the amount of time and energy and perseverance and IT knowledge to come up with this blog.

Keep it going...

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

THANKS TO LILLIAN CLARK 'TWITTER' SUPPORTER FOR ACKNOWLEDGING THE POSTINGS ON THIS BLOG FOR A LONG TIME NOW.

GEORGE CHEW (LEAD GUITAR: THE BURNS) said...

👍 😃 👌

HAPPY TAY (VANCOUVER, CANADA) said...

Congrats Andy. glad to be of help. Cheers.

YE said...

Dear Andy,

Hope you are in good health.

I will try to help you to make it into a book.

HENRI GANN (TREKKERS LEAD AND POST WRITER) said...

As the year draws to an end, I wanted to write to say how glad I am to have reconnected with you and so many old friends this year.

Happy New Year, old pals, and I look forward to the years ahead. Let's all become Centenarians !

chakap chakap said...

I HAVE A DREAM

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream
I'll cross the stream, I have a dream

Songwriters: ANDERSSON, BENNY GORAN BROR / ULVAEUS, BJOERN K.

'I Have A Dream Lyrics' © Universal Music Publishing Group.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

THANKS TO LEE JAMES 'TWITTER' SUPPORTER, FOR ACKNOWLEDGING THIS POSTING AND LIKING IT.

Also a big thank you to all the others.

DR LEE Y.S. (MALAYSIA) said...

Hi Andy,

Happy New Year to you & Family. ! have not been active with music. Glad to know that you are still very active and doing such an excellent job promoting the music we all love so much. To me it is still the best web site on music of the 60's which I have ever come across and still enjoy visiting it.

I read in one of your emails that you have planned to make your materials from your very popular and great web site materials into a book. It is indeed a very good idea but it is going to be really though unless, as you mentioned and I agree with you, that you can find some professional who are good at doing that.

My colleagues have also been advising me to put all the articles I have written into a book but I am finding it so difficult to do that too and so far have not met anyone who are capable of doing it.

Hope you will achieve with your plan. Happy 2017.
Cheers!
Yan San

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

MY LETTER THAT HIT THE HEADLINES LAST WEEK:

Hi all,

Again thanks for support.

If you know anyone who's willing to help me turn my blog into a book, please write in. Could be an interesting project for the New Year.

I am trying to give back to society by financing it myself (may be costly) but ultimately a Singapore 60's music book filled with stories from our own musicians could prove a hit. An indie book perhaps, or professional help from someone.

I tried a few times but know there are friends out there who could help. Have been trying for 8 years. Any good Samaritan?

Cheers.

LAURENCE LIM ('GRANDFATHER' FOR 'YOURE THE BOY' YOUTUBE VIDEO said...

Busy lately just finished reading your Blog. Well done!!! If only it was commercially done. Jack Ma might make you an offer Or maybe Zuckerberg ???

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy,
Well done with the readership and good luck with the book.
All the best for the New Year.
Regards
Steve

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

Thanks Steve,
My good Professor friend Steve was rock and rollin' at Vivo City 8 years ago to the music of Mike and Herb (Beatles of Malaysia).

Would love you to contribute stories if you have time. He's he real expert on local 60's music.

You can click his name STEVEN FARRAM on content bar and read his articles on this blog.

Thanks to Laurence Lim too whose present posting about AH KIM is drawing hundreds to the blog.

CHINESE LANGUAGE READERS said...

谢谢Mr. Lim 让我可以重温旧梦 听听老歌 好享受啊 ! 真是多谢你了 。你有贡献 你真行 !

Andy 那些老歌也挺动听的 想不到他还请到帮手 蛮有意思的。再接再励。我们可有福了!

Translation : Thank you for the nostalgic memories through listening this song. Please continue so that we can enjoy the memories through these oldies.

ALLAN THOMPSON said...

I love the photo of Crystal Abidin - very striking.

ANDY'S TWITTER STATISTICS said...

MORE THAN 265 TWITTER READERS FOR THIS POSTING ALONE AS OF 2/5/2017.

ANDY: Pop Music Not Pills. © said...

UPDATED ON 7TH SEPTEMBER 2017.